Chandigarh: Dead Cockroach Was Found In Chinese Food At Elante Mall, Staff Calls It Onion!

Dead Cockroach Was Found In Chinese Food At Elante Mall

Updated on Jul 30, 2022, 15:05 IST – A dead cockroach was recently found in a meal at the food court of Nexus Elante Mall which is in Chandigarh.

Dead cockroach found in fried rice

Anil Kumar, a Resident of Mauli Complex, reportedly said that he ordered fried rice from “Ni Hao,” a Chinese restaurant in the mall’s food court, and was surprised to discover a cockroach inside of it. Ayaan Foods is the owner of the Elante food court and actively manages the restaurant.

Dead Cockroach Was Found In Chinese Food At Elante Mall

When the complainant allegedly showed the cockroach to the restaurant staff, they passed it off as a piece of onion. This is when the complainant called the police. claimed he complained to the police but they said action would be taken only after the result of the food samples arrived. 

A spokeswoman for the mall issued the following statement: “We were informed of the regrettable event at the ‘Ni Hao’ kiosk at the food court on our property run by Ayaan Foods. We find it unacceptable that there have been two incidents in a short period of time at the Ayaan Foods-managed food court. We ask the administration to undertake a complete food safety audit in the food court and take the required corrective action because the cleanliness and safety of our customers are of the utmost concern to us.

Food Court Owner Alleges Conspiracy By Mall Management

According to Hindustan Times, the owner of Ayaan Foods alleged that the mall management, with whom he had a rent disagreement earlier in April, committed an act of sabotage.

He asserted that the aforementioned client worked for the mall and had even been overheard conversing with a few other staff members before the incident.

This is not the first time that restaurant sanitary standards have come under scrutiny. A recently discovered deceased lizard was discovered in the dish at Delhi’s well-known Diggin Italian restaurant.

A lizard was found in a plate of cholle bhature that a client had purchased from Sagar Ratna, a different eatery in the food court, on June 14. The retailer claimed that the lizard had fallen from the ceiling of the food court. The lizard had, however, already been sighted at the restaurant, as Gupta had claimed that it was found beneath the bhatura.

However, representatives from the health department declined to comment on what happened after the initial incident.

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons
error: Content is protected !!