Breath of the Wild Horse Names: A Comprehensive Guide
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (BOTW) is a game that has captured the hearts of millions. One of its most endearing features is the ability to tame and name wild horses. But what are some good names for these majestic creatures? And what are the names of the iconic horses belonging to Link and Zelda? Let’s dive in.
What are good names for horses in Breath of the Wild?
Breath of the Wild offers players a vast open world filled with wild horses, each unique in its appearance and stats. Naming your horse can be a personal experience, reflecting its characteristics or your adventures together. Some popular names chosen by players include:
- Epona: A nod to Link’s loyal steed from previous Zelda games.
- Gale: Inspired by the game’s vast landscapes and the winds that sweep across them.
- Blaze: For a horse with a fiery spirit or a reddish coat.
- Shadow: Perfect for a dark-colored horse or one that moves silently.
- Storm: For a horse that’s as wild and unpredictable as Hyrule’s weather.
Remember, the name you choose will be the one you call out when summoning your horse, so pick something that resonates with you!
What is Link’s horse name?
In the Zelda series, Link’s most iconic horse is named Epona. This loyal steed has been by Link’s side in several games, and her name is derived from the Celtic goddess of horses. In Breath of the Wild, players can obtain Epona by scanning a specific Link amiibo. With her beautiful brown coat and white mane, Epona is not just a nod to the series’ history but also one of the best horses in the game.
What is Zelda’s horse’s name?
Zelda’s horse, a beautiful white steed, plays a significant role in Breath of the Wild’s memories. While the game doesn’t explicitly name Zelda’s horse, fans have affectionately dubbed it Royal due to its association with the Hyrulean royalty. This horse stands out with its elegant white coat, and players can tame a similar-looking horse in the game, solidifying its royal status.
What should I name my horse?
Naming your horse in Breath of the Wild is a personal experience. Here are some tips to help you decide:
- Reflect on Your Adventure: Did you tame your horse near a specific landmark or during a memorable moment in the game? Names like “Ridge” or “Twilight” can evoke memories of those times.
- Consider the Horse’s Traits: Is your horse swift? Maybe “Bolt” or “Windrunner” would be fitting. Is it sturdy and dependable? “Rock” or “Guardian” might be apt.
- Nods to the Zelda Series: Names like “Triforce,” “Hyrule,” or “Ganon” can be fun ways to pay homage to the series’ lore.
- Personal Touch: Maybe you want to name your horse after a pet or a favorite fictional character. The sky’s the limit!
Breath of the Wild offers players a unique bond with their tamed horses. Whether you’re riding with Epona, the legendary steed of Link, galloping alongside Zelda’s royal horse, or exploring the vast landscapes of Hyrule with a horse you named, the experience is magical. Remember, the name you choose reflects your journey in this breathtaking world, so choose with your heart.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Zelda horse name
- What is “Breath of the Wild”?
- “Breath of the Wild” is a game in The Legend of Zelda series, offering players a vast open world to explore, including the ability to tame and name wild horses.
- Can I name my horse in “Breath of the Wild”?
- Yes, after taming a wild horse in the game, players have the opportunity to name it, making the bond with the horse more personal.
- What is the name of Link’s iconic horse in the Zelda series?
- Link’s most iconic horse in the Zelda series is named Epona. Players can obtain Epona in “Breath of the Wild” by scanning a specific Link amiibo.
- Does Zelda have a horse in “Breath of the Wild”?
- Yes, Zelda has a beautiful white horse in the game. While its official name isn’t provided, fans often refer to it as Royal due to its association with the Hyrulean royalty.
- Are there any popular horse names chosen by players in “Breath of the Wild”?
- Some popular names include Epona, Gale, Blaze, Shadow, and Storm. However, players are free to choose any name that resonates with them.
- How can I decide on a name for my horse in the game?
- Players can reflect on their adventure, consider the horse’s traits, give nods to the Zelda series, or add a personal touch to come up with a name.