From when you should look for symptoms?
Based on your last menstrual period , your pregnancy is to be calculated. The 1st week of your pregnancy is considered after the last menstrual period. Date of expected child delivery is calculated by considering the first day of your last period. For not knowing the exact starting time of pregnancy , the symptoms of pregnancy may not show at the first week of pregnancy.
Sometimes the women become pregnant and have bleeding similar to the very light period with some spotting, which is known as the implantation bleeding. The exact proof of getting pregnant through the pregnancy test, but before you miss the menstrual period, you might feel or hope that you’re pregnant. Remember, the due date of your delivery based on the first day of your last menstrual period. So, simply use the online pregnancy due to date calculator which considers the first day of your last period to estimate the expected due date of your delivery, shows week by week highlights, and probability birthday graph. Also, the pregnancy calculator determines the related risks, pregnancy symptoms for the mother, weight & length of the baby in each of the three trimesters.
Symptoms of Pregnancy :
- Abdominal cramps & spotting during the initial stage – during the first months of pregnancy, the zygote (fertilised ovum) creates a group of cells through random cell division , which is called blastocyst. This blastocyst will get implanted in the wall of the uterus within 10-14 days of pregnancy. This implantation can cause bleeding, which is a minor bleeding as compared to menstrual period. This is called spotting and during this time you can feel uterine cramps or abdominal pain.
Sign & symptoms of spotting –
Color – color can be pink, red, brown.
Flow of bleeding – very less bleeding can be seen. It can be seen when wiped out.
Pain – in the most of the cases , women experience mild to moderate pain.
- Missed period – once the zygote gets implanted in the uterus, your body will start releasing pregnancy hormone which is called HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) hormone. HCG hormone blocks the ovulation (release of ovum from ovary) , therefore, blocks menstruation throughout the pregnancy as well. But , sometimes , some women get periods within pregnancy but its rare & for a very short period.
- Elevated body temperature – in early pregnancy days, you may experience elevated body temperature every day after getting up from the bed , in the morning. Or , even at the time of exercise or in hot weather your basal body temperature will get elevated. You should drink more water and keep yourself healthy.
- Fatigue / tiredness – due to increased levels of progesterone hormone , you will feel tired. This is a very common symptom of early pregnancy. You should get adequate sleep in this early days pregnancy to cope up with changes of pregnancy . Try not to take any stress as it may harm your sleep cycle.
- Tachycardia (increased heart beat) – after , 2 months of pregnancy you may feel that your heart is beating faster & harder. This condition of faster heart rate than usual is called tachycardia , which is a normal phenomena of pregnancy. Hormonal changes of pregnancy are responsible for this condition. If you have any cardiac issues from before the beginning of pregnancy then you should tell this to your treating Gynecologist , he / she may make changes in dosage of your medication.