Martin Lawrence is an American actor, comedian, and filmmaker, but I am not aware of him being known as a drag queen. He is best known for his portrayal of the character Maurice “Maurice” Warfield in the Fox sitcom Martin and as the titular character in the films Bad Boys and Bad Boys II. He also starred in other films like, Big Momma’s House, Blue Streak, and Wild Hogs. He began his career as a stand-up comedian in the 1980s and has since appeared in numerous films and television shows. He has also had a successful career as a comedian and actor, and is considered one of the leading figures in African-American entertainment.
What is Martin Lawrence doing now?
As of my knowledge cut off in 2021, Martin Lawrence has been active in the entertainment industry. He has starred in the 2020 series Martin Lawrence Presents: 1st Amendment Stand-Up, on Starz Network, which he also executive produced. He also starred in the Bad Boys for Life, which was released in January 2020, and he has announced that he will be returning for Bad Boys 4. He also hosted a comedy tour called the “Lit AF Tour” from 2016 to 2018, and in 2020 he has announced that he will be returning to stand-up comedy.
Are Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence still friends?
As of my knowledge cut off in 2021, Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence have had a long-standing friendship and professional relationship. They have starred together in several films, including the 1996 film “A Thin Line Between Love and Hate” and the “Beverly Hills Cop” franchise. They were also good friends and comedians for a long time, and have spoken positively about each other in interviews. It’s worth noting that friendships can change over time, and it’s possible that their friendship may have evolved or changed since my knowledge cut off date.
Martin Lawrence shows
Martin Lawrence has starred in several television shows throughout his career.
- “Martin” (1992-1997) – Lawrence starred in and co-created this popular sitcom, which followed the life of a radio host and his friends.
- “The Martin Lawrence Show” (1997-2002) – This show was a continuation of “Martin” and followed Lawrence’s character, Martin Payne, as he moved to Los Angeles.
- “Wild Hogs” (2007) – Lawrence appeared in this television pilot as the character Woody Stevens.
- “Partners” (2014) – This comedy series starred Lawrence as Marcus Jackson, a police detective who partners with a private investigator.
- “Saturday Night Live” (1994-1995) – Lawrence hosted this popular sketch comedy show twice in 1994 and 1995
- “Martin” (2020) – Lawrence reprised his role as Martin Payne in a reboot of the original series.
Martin Lawrence has appeared in several films throughout his career. Here is a list of some of his notable films:
- “Do the Right Thing” (1989) – Lawrence made his film debut in this Spike Lee-directed film, playing the character Cee.
- “House Party” (1990) – Lawrence starred as Bilal in this comedy film.
- “Boomerang” (1992) – Lawrence played the role of Marcus Graham in this romantic comedy film.
- “Bad Boys” (1995) – Lawrence starred alongside Will Smith in this action comedy film, playing the character Marcus Burnett.
- “A Thin Line Between Love and Hate” (1996) – Lawrence starred in, co-wrote and co-produced this romantic comedy film.
- “Nothing to Lose” (1997) – Lawrence starred as Tim Robbins in this action comedy film.
- “Blue Streak” (1999) – Lawrence starred in this comedy film as a criminal who poses as a police officer.
- “Big Momma’s House” (2000) – Lawrence starred as Malcolm Turner in this comedy film and its two sequels, “Big Momma’s House 2” (2006) and “Big Momma’s: Like Father, Like Son” (2011)
- “Black Knight” (2001) – Lawrence starred in this fantasy comedy film as Jamal Walker, a theme park employee who is transported back to medieval times.
- “Rebound” (2005) – Lawrence starred as Coach Roy McCormick in this sports comedy film.