Prepared to have children? There are no “bad” sex positions for conception, although there may be a few that improve the chance of sperm and egg contacting one another. Although there may not be much (or any) scientific support for each optimum sex position for conception, physics is on your side, so why not give them a try? You have nothing to lose, and you might even get a baby.
Twins: How Are They Conceived?
Being a mother is a lovely, unique blessing. You experience joy, strength, and love unlike anything you’ve ever known before when you give birth to a child. Many women dream of having children, and getting to touch their bundle of joy is indeed a blessing.
Motherhood, especially becoming a mother to twin infants, is something that some women really want to be able to experience. It’s a dream of many couples to be able to conceive twins. It is not surprising that science and fertility treatments have led to an increase in the number of twins conceived in recent years. However, it must be emphasised that there are numerous natural ways to raise the possibility of conceiving twins, and these should not be disregarded.
Examining different sex positions with your spouse that promote twin conception is one of the natural twin-conception approaches that is worthwhile attempting. You and your spouse can increase your chances of becoming parents to twins while also having tonnes of amazing, gratifying sex! What a win-win situation!
You can try some of the sex positions on this list with your partner to increase your chances of getting pregnant with twins. We also discuss additional potential influences for twin conception. Please note that we are not guaranteeing that any of the sex positions, twins, or other techniques will result in you having twins. We’re highlighting these things because they might be able to assist you in realising your twin desire, therefore it might be worthwhile to look into!
Okay, so before we discuss how to increase your chances of getting pregnant with twins, you must first comprehend how twins are created. Twins can be either identical (non-fraternal) or non-identical (fraternal).
One-third of twins are identical twins. These twins, also known as monozygotic twins, are the result of chance. They form when a single egg is fertilised by a single sperm, dividing into not one, but two distinct embryos. Twins who are identical have the same placenta and genetic make-up.
Women who opt for reproductive assistance treatments run the risk of developing monozygotic twins as well.
Dizygotic twins are another name for non-identical twins. They happen when two sperm and two eggs are fertilised. These twins are distinct from one another and did not share the same placenta or genetic make-up. Furthermore, non-identical twins only share 50 percent of the same genetic makeup. The genders of them are not always the same.
Why Do Sex Positions Matter?
Nita Landry, MD, an ob-gyn and cohost of the nationally syndicated talk show The Doctors, explains that while no position can guarantee conception, she advises patients to think about careers that allow them benefit from gravity, such as missionaries. However, being healthy before you try doesn’t matter nearly as much as your position. She suggests that you and your partner visit your doctors to ensure that you are in good enough health to bear children: The ideal scenario includes having a body mass index (BMI) in the healthy range, eating adequate folic acid, and abstaining from alcohol (if not eliminating it altogether).
Preconception preparation also involves keeping an ovulation calendar and being aware of the symptoms of ovulation in order to know when you are ovulating. You should try to have sex every other day when you’re fertile, which is often the five days prior to ovulation and the 24 hours following it, advises Landry. See our sex education for baby-making guide for more information on when and how often to have sex to enhance your chances of becoming pregnant.
The Best Sex Positions for Getting Pregnant
Okay, so now you’re wondering: Which sex positions are best for conception? These techniques are just your best possibilities for successfully transferring sperm to an egg; they are neither magical nor infallible.
Consider resting down for at least 15 minutes after attempting any positions. According to a research published in the British Medical Journal, compared to women who got up right after intrauterine insemination (IUI), 27 percent of those who stayed lying down following the operation became pregnant. Although the advantage may also apply to traditional sexual activity, this study concentrated on women receiving sperm injections directly into the uterus as part of a fertility treatment. So try these sex positions for conception, vary them, but most of all, enjoy yourself.
1. Missionary According to Landry, the tried-and-true man on top uses gravity to your advantage. (Despite this, we believe it to be one of the most common sex positions for conception.) When a woman is on top, sperm must travel upstream, but when a man is on top, sperm can flow into the vaginal opening and into the cervix. Placing a pillow underneath your bottom can increase efficacy by creating an even more favourable angle for sperm.
2. Doggie style According to Landry, any position that permits deep penetration can enable the sperm get as close to the cervix as possible and may increase the likelihood of conception. Doing so occurs when a guy penetrates a woman when she is lying on all fours in “doggie style.”
3. Legs on shoulders This posture allows sperm to get as close to the cervix as possible while also having the advantage of gravity, according to Landry. It is a variation on the missionary position, in which a woman traps her legs around her partner’s shoulders during sexual activity.
4. CAT (Coital Alignment Technique) Not really your thing, missions? This posture may be helpful in promoting female orgasm, which is a nice bonus but not necessary for conception. allowing sperm to drift downstream. The man’s lower torso fits between the woman’s spread-out knees. Then, instead of thrusting, the man and woman rock their pelvises in time, maintaining the missionary effect of assisting gravity.
5. Reverse cowgirl If you’re one of the one in five women with a retroverted, or tilted, uterus, this may be the ideal sex position for conceiving. Here, the woman is seated atop her partner with her back to him, creating a novel angle of entrance. Since it’s likely that you don’t know whether your uterus is retroverted or not, why not test this position anyway? (and just for fun).
6. Side-by-side scissors As the man enters the female, you are lying next to one another, facing one another. This position can also provide a deep penetration, which could speed up the sperm’s journey to the cervix.
7. Rear entry The man approaches from behind the woman as she is lying on her stomach. According to a Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy study, which (believe it or not) confirmed the findings using an MRI, this deep posture may enable the penis reach deeper in the vaginal opening than missionary position.
8. Wheelbarrow No, you are not have to practise yoga or be a gymnast to try this, but it is undoubtedly one of the riskiest sex positions for conception. Why not scratch it off your bucket list now? It’s also absolutely not a position to do when pregnant. The woman positions herself as if she were preparing to compete in a wheelbarrow race, with her hands either on the ground or the bed (you can also rest on your elbows). In order to make a deep penetration that can move the sperm closer to the egg, a guy grips a woman’s legs while positioning his thighs between hers.