All of the national holidays for 2023 are listed on this page. Please check back frequently for updates as these dates are subject to change once formal modifications are notified.
Also Read: –Holidays and Observances in Romania in 2023
|1 Jan||Sun||New Year’s Day|
|20 Apr||Thu||Eid al-Fitr Holiday|
|21 Apr||Fri||Eid al-Fitr|
|22 Apr||Sat||Eid al-Fitr Holiday|
|23 Apr||Sun||Eid al-Fitr Holiday|
|27 Jun||Tue||Arafat Day|
|28 Jun||Wed||Eid al-Adha|
|29 Jun||Thu||Eid al-Adha Holiday|
|30 Jun||Fri||Eid al-Adha Holiday|
|19 Jul||Wed||Islamic New Year|
|27 Sep||Wed||Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday|
|1 Dec||Fri||Commemoration Day|
|2 Dec||Sat||National Day|
|3 Dec||Sun||National Day Holiday|
United Arab Emirates resident? The UAE’s public holidays for 2023 are listed below, along with other significant dates that you should mark on your calendar.
It’s vital to be aware of these significant holidays, whether you live in the UAE or are simply visiting, as some establishments can be closed. Our guide compiles a list of the UAE’s public holidays and significant dates for your calendar so you won’t miss anything.
Introduction to UAE public holidays
In the UAE, there are 14 recognised public holidays.
The conclusion of Ramadan celebration known as Eid al-Fitr is one of the greatest public holidays. The dates are simply estimates and could change by one or two days since it starts the day after the crescent moon is seen.
During Eid al-Fitr, employees are allowed time off, and transportation and retail establishments typically operate longer hours. Families and friends get together to distribute gifts, and there are usually joyful fireworks displays. Additionally, you can learn more about the UAE’s best festivals and how they are observed.
Save this list of United Arab Emirates bank holidays for 2023, along with other significant dates.
Public holidays in the UAE during 2023
This is a list of public holidays in the UAE during 2023. Please note that this list is subject to change.
- 1 January (Sunday): New Year’s Day
- 20 – 23 April (Thursday through Sunday): Eid al-Fitr holiday
- 21 April (Friday): Eid al-Fitr
- 27 June (Tuesday): Arafat (Hajj) Day
- 28 June (Wednesday): Eid al-Adha (Feast of Sacrifice)
- 28–30 June (Wednesday through Friday): Eid al-Adha holiday
- 19 July (Wednesday): Al-Hijra (Islamic New Year)
- 1 December (Friday): Commemoration Day
- 2 December (Saturday): National Day
- 3 December (Sunday): National Day holiday
Important dates in the UAE during 2023
- 21 March (Tuesday): Mother’s Day
- 22 March (Wednesday): start of Ramadan
- 20 June (Tuesday): Hajj season begins
- 21 June (Wednesday): Father’s Day
- 27 September (Wednesday): Mouloud (Prophet’s birthday)
In contrast to several other nations, the clock does not change for daylight saving time in the UAE; it is the same all year round. The Gulf Standard Time is observed in the United Arab Emirates.