Flowers bring a broad smile on one’s face upon gifting. For decades together, flowers have been widely exchanged as gifts among people. Almost every sector is moving towards an online platform for better customer service and reception, so why not flower delivery apps? People are ignorant about the growth flower delivery sector holds. Here are some of the facts that highlight the business potential of Uber for flower delivery app:
- The United States is the largest consumer of flowers globally, with $1.83 billion in spending, followed by Germany with $1.28 billion and the United Kingdom with $921 million.
- The worldwide market for cut flowers and ornamental plants is expected to grow by roughly 6.3% over the next five years, reaching $57.4 billion by 2024. When we look at the revenue for the same in 2019, it was $42.4 billion.
- Some of the largest producers of cut flowers in the world are the Netherlands, Columbia, and Ecuador with 52%,15%, and 9% respectively, contributing to the global flower community.
- The interesting fact is that rose is the most popular flower purchased via Uber for flower delivery apps. It has been a symbol of love and harmony for centuries together.
Key steps involved in the development of flower delivery apps
Planning & research: Online app is like any other business; complete planning is required to achieve success and popularity. Perform competitor analysis, wherein you analyze your prospective competitors, understand their strengths and weaknesses. The main purpose of doing this is to better your app development process by finding solutions to overcome the shortcomings faced by major apps.
Have localized partners: Local businesses have been running the business successfully for several years. They have thoroughly understood the needs and requirements of every customer. Advantages of partnering with delivery partners:
- Uber for florist apps need not put in separate efforts to localize the products as per region as the local vendors have understood the customers’ needs aptly and developed the app as per it.
- Flowers are delicate objects which require careful planning for transportation. As the products are gathered from local vendors, the process of delivering the flowers is simple.
Keep up with market trends: When customers buy the products from the on-demand flower delivery app, they expect the best-in-class services offered to them. So it is necessary to keep with the trends in terms of features and smart interface.
Innovative trends to include in the on-demand delivery sector
- Ordering using virtual assistants: The process of getting orders is strenuous as customers have to search through the catalog and get the products as per their business requirements. Customers can order directly using the assistance of virtual assistants. For instance, Alexa would be a great choice to pick up orders, and some of the on-demand delivery apps use it. Once the order is placed, the estimated delivery time and the fare can be provided to the customers by Alexa.
- Order using smartwatch: Everybody has a smartwatch with them. The prospect of getting orders fulfilled through the smartwatch is simple. Customers need not use their smartphones every time to place an order. Instead, they can directly place the orders using smartwatches.
Though drones are not a viable option in most places, in the near future we can see them perform the required delivery for customers.
Understand customer mindset: Customers belong to various ethnicities and diverse groups, and so the flower demands for each place will differ accordingly. Nothing can be more disappointing for the customers than to see their favourite flowers going out of stock.
Analyze the demands for flowers in a particular area and make sure the flowers are available. Customers’ locations can be accessed using GPS services every time they place the order. Using this information, the products can be listed for the customers.
On the other end, the admin can update the database based on the stock availability for each location.
Some of the most preferred ways to improve customer experience
- Make sure the current status of the product is available for the customers. So when the product is out of stock, it must be listed as ‘not available at the moment.’
- Digital invoices have to be sent for customers after completion of every order.
Development: Before the actual development of the application, a wireframe for the application has to be prepared so that developers will know the workflow of the application.
When it comes to an on-demand flower delivery app development, the UI is important. Flowers are often bought based on their appearance; the application must have features that offer high-definition images and zoom-in facilities. One more thing, the quality of the product delivered to the customer must be the same as in the picture. Though this does not come under the development aspect of the application, it is of the utmost importance to retain customers.
Well-known development approaches include:
- Progressive Web Application(PWA): These applications offer the same experience as native applications in terms of speed, performance, and interface. But people need not download the application, instead, they can directly use it from web browsers.
- Native applications: These include separate development processes for Android and iOS-based applications. All the functionalities devoted to the platform must be part of the Uber for florist app so that customers have a wholesome experience.
Features: They define the functionality for any application. The features must be offered in terms of basic and advanced features. List the MVP and include them for initial launch. As per the customer feedback, try to include the features.
A flower delivery app development company must have features for the needs of all its users. The best online flower delivery company is not only decided by the advanced attributes but they also include the simple workflow they provide. So make the right decision when you step into the flower delivery app sector.