Custom Or Template Development, An Overview Of Pros And Cons
Every app starts with an idea. You have to think through literally every detail of your future app: what tasks it will solve, who it is intended for, how it should look and, of course, how you plan to make money from it.
Also Read: –Top Web Development Trends 2023
Get acquainted with your competitors’ apps, highlight the ones you like and try to understand what makes them attractive. Study the market in which you are going to distribute the application, analyze supply and demand.
Choose a platform for your future app. The chosen platform determines in many ways the success of the product. The most popular platforms for mobile devices today are Android and iOS. It is important to understand which one is best suited to your interests. OSes differ not only in the number of devices used worldwide, but also in the average bill and the purchasing power of users. You can get advice from custom software application development services, they are very experienced in this field and will give you the details of your particular case.
If the budget allows, it is better to create an application for two platforms at once, so you can reach more users and get more profits in the future.
Give your finished ideas and developments to developers and designers, who will take care of creating the app of your dreams.
Pros and cons of Template Mobile App Development
Is it worth using templates?
Imagine that you are going to create an app and get a ready-made user interface for it. You can connect your logic, your product and server part, add customization and prepare the app for placement in stores. The finished product will turn out the way you conceived it, but you will save not only time but also money in the development process.
There are several advantages to using templates in app development:
- Cheaper. A ready-made user interface will save you thousands of dollars. User interface development is an important step that many startups spend a large part of their budget and time on. But what is the point of developing from scratch if you can take a ready-made template and customize it to your needs? Moreover, it’s also profitable.
- Faster. You save weeks (in some cases months) of time that could have been spent on the development of the product’s user interface. Reduced development time allows you to enter the mobile app market earlier and start gaining an audience sooner.
- Reduced costs for the development team. This is especially relevant for startups where the co-founders are not developers. Hiring a separate team to develop the user interface is an additional expense. Using templates tangibly reduces costs.
- A familiar user interface and no bugs. Using a good app template guarantees a good user experience (people will see the interface they are used to).
- It often happens that developers create a product based on their knowledge and skills, the result is a working but poorly written code. A ready-made template is written with all the necessary standards in mind and, as a rule, contains no bugs in the code.
Pros and cons of custom development
- Conversion is top-notch. This is a strength of custom mobile app development. Because the ordering process is easier and more convenient than in boxed development.
- Uniqueness and competitive advantage. A custom development app can become the face of the brand, attract new customers and stand out from the competition. The uniqueness of custom development is that the design of the app implies not only the color of buttons and banners, but also a thoughtful UX, which is created taking into account the needs of users, down to the specific target audience.
- Risk minimization. When developing a custom solution, the code belongs only to the customer and does not depend on third-party developers. Whereas in the case of a boxed solution, the code is only leased.
- Fast implementation of custom solutions. While launching a custom solution is several times bigger than an out-of-the-box solution – it can take up to 7 months, the customer benefits from the speed of implementing their custom requests that most likely will never be implemented in a box solution.
- High cost. Custom development is much more expensive than a boxed solution. Therefore, to invest in it, a company should conduct a clear analysis of the need for this sales channel.
- Time to launch. As said earlier, custom development takes a longer period of time than a boxed solution. Since the application is created from scratch and for the needs of a particular company, it takes from 7 months to a year to launch. Most of the time is spent on fine-tuning the customer’s backend systems.