For Vaishno Devi pilgrims, the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board has introduced Yatra cards with RFID technology. 29 Locations have begun using the Yatra cards with RFID technology, and a variety of antennae and readers have been installed.
Before RFID, pilgrims could use the Yatra Parchi system, which was offered both online and in person. 40 additional locations and 7 verification counters have CCTV cameras installed as part of this new project. There is also a new Control centre as well.
Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board CEO Anshul Garg said, “We will be able to follow the Pilgrims in real time and keep tabs on their journey thanks to RFID technology. On peak days, the Honourable Supreme has set a cap of 50,000 pilgrims, which we can track thanks to this technology. This will assist us in managing the yatra.
Also from him: “This region is vulnerable to earthquakes and landslides. Our Disaster Management team will benefit from new technology. Additionally, there are numerous concerns with lost and found, and we can follow the pilgrims using this technology. We can keep an eye on which route pilgrims are taking, help the helicopter services, and organise the pilgrimage appropriately.
“They are extremely satisfied with the new method and it would help in a smooth yatra,” the pilgrims to Vaishno Devi remarked.
Vaishno Devi Yatra RFID cards – most important things devotees need to know:
- The current paper yatra parchis would be replaced by the RFID-enabled access card (slips). These would be distributed to pilgrims from the base camp at the beginning of the yatra.
- Anyone carrying an RFID card can be followed along the 13-km course.
- The RFID entry cards are only intended for single use, and pilgrims must return them to the counter close to the yatra exit point.
- The pilgrims would not be charged for the RFID cards, which will be fully laminated and fibre-rich.
- To enable the tracking system, the temple board built antennas along the yatra route. For monitoring purposes, a control room has also been created.